Thursday, January 24, 2008

Soon Cliff Soon!

So the battalion commander came by are base today to talk about going home. So the whole platoon was gathered around the fire and he comes rolling up. We all jump to attention, let me tell you one thing about are battalion commander, he does not like are platoon at all. Since the begnning of the deployment he has disliked us. From people not shaving, not being in the right uniform, some other things I dont want to get in to. He came up to me one time because my hair was way to long and went and told my Lt and Platoon Sergent, Bournes hair is way to long. Well he started to talk about dates when we going to be home. Now I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, but I still have a job to do and im going to try to keep that in my head. So the dates he put out he says he is like 90% sure we are going to be leaving around that time. So he was giving his speech and some people said somethings and he looked around at us like we had idiots written across are forehead. But when we land we have to go threw all these stupid tests that should take up to ten days. After them 10 days we get to go home, home. Where my family is, and he said you should be home before the 16th of April. That is my Bday, I dont rember the last birthday I spend home was, but im like 90% sure im going to be home for my birthday. Just typing that puts a smile to my face. I can honestly say this is the happest I been since I been here, I dont know if its becasue the end of this deployment is almost up, are I just dont care about whats going on back home. I feel real good.

4 comments:

Harley said...

AND to cheer you up even more....

curiousandkinky.blogspot.com

I'm happy you're happy!!!

xx

Anonymous said...

hey that is good news, you got a date! you can work towards that now...not long to go, just stay safe.

Uncle Dave said...

Yup. Bring your ass home so you can help me with that sheetrock. In return, I'll show you how to drive your chevy the right way.

Helen said...

Just trying to get a 'feel' for the anonys over at Betty's, but congrats on the impending home trip, you deserve it ; )