Sunday, January 20, 2008

DECISIONS!!!

So something came down today before we went out on patrol. Our squad leader put out so things about us going home all this other bull shit. Then he was like who wants to be high speed and come back and go to 4th birgade. Well 4th birgade is already over here, So I would go back to the states. Get my physical all this other bull, I might get a month of leave and go home. Then go back to my duty station, then fly me back over to Iraq. Now im looking at a 8 month deployment, which I think is very easy. I can pay off my car like that, also the big one im not looking at getting stopped lossed. If you dont know what stoped loss is, well there is a rule if your not out of the unit 90 days prior to the deployment date, your going. Even if your supposed to be getting out, your going. Right now there is a good chance I might be getting stopped lossed. I look at it like this, Im going to be in the army no matter what. Why not just finish it out over here in Iraq make alot of money, and get out of the army when im supposed to, and not get stopped loss for a whole year in iraq.
But there is one problem, this birgade is in Baghdad. Why do you think there asking people "who wants to go to 4th birgade." There losing people over there, they need help. I have my pro and cons, right now there about equal. Alot of people are really considering it, the married guys are saying "if I wasnt married I would think about it." I dont have anything holding me back. I dont know, I know my family especially my momma would be crushed. Id lie to her tell her I have orders to go back, tell her "momma they need the best people over there and one is standing right in front of you." She would believe it becasue im a freakin stud. But man im going to miss out on so much again, but id rather be over here while im supposed to be in the army, then supposed to be home while im over here.


Pros and Cons to moving to 4th Birgade
Pros
Pay off car (big one)
Extra Money
Not get stopped lossed (big one)
Live on FOB (less force pro)
Still get leave
No field problem
Get my E-5
Might be with people I know

Cons
Death (big one)
Miss out on life
Work with Duds
Miss out on ladies (Finish some old business)
Family worried
Unknown lenght of deployment
South Baghdad
Might not be with people I know

4 comments:

Laura said...

It sounds as if you've pretty much go your mind already made up.

Anonymous said...

Baghdad does sound like it is a bit of a problem! What a decision to make. Wish ya well.

Harley said...

"Im going to be in the army no matter what. Why not just finish it out over here in Iraq?"

Because it's dangerous and you could die?

Stay safe Cliff!

Anonymous said...

Oh Cliff, I'm not saying don't do it but isn't there something else you can do back in the states? Then there's always the ladies...hmmm :)