Sunday, January 6, 2008

Let me catch u up.

Let me catch you up. January 11th 2007 I deployed to Iraq. It was tough, the hardest thing I ever had to do was say good bye to my wife. While I was in Kuwait I was selected to be a team leader in the squad. Usually team leaders have a deployment under there belt, and have more then 2 years in the Army. Well I barely had a year with my unit. I had no combat experience what so ever. So I was nervous as hell when we crossed the border. As time went on I became comfortable with my job, things were looking good. My wife was being really supportive we had a quarter of the deployment knocked down. The company was feeling good, then the bad news. Instead of 12 month deployment we have to do a 15 month deployment. You want to talk about moral getting shot the fuck down. Well we complained about it alot, but we did what we do best "deal with it". So the months went on, I became confident with my job, my squad leader and I were close. He was letting me do his job at times. I was feeling good, sucking at times but just knocking down them days. As time went on around late August I felt something wrong in my marriage, my gut was telling me my wife was cheating on me, so I asked her about it, she swore up and down that she is not. Where I was living we did not have phone are computers, so on my free time I would be like "hey I'll go on this patorl for you." I would call my wife up only to have her phone be shut off. I felt the distance. So I got to take leave in November, first day I was home I found out that my wife was "IN LOVE" with another man. WOW I could see if i deserved it, but I diddent. I let her walk all over me when I was home, not going to get in to it. But she took me for granted, she is ungrateful for the things I did for her. I thought it was going to be tough getting over her. But im coming to realize that there is so much better looking and better woman out there for me. Im a stud finding woman is not a problem for me. But it is right now becasue im in freakin Iraq. But now Im in Rutbah about to hit are year mark in iraq. I bought a Chevy Impala SS when I was home thought maybe I should treat myself. Bills missed the playoffs I think for the 7th year in a row (franchise recored) the make me want to eat my muzzle. But Ill write again soon.



I would like to thank for the Christmas cards and care packages.
Krystal/Steve
Stef/KC
Holly/CJ
Erin
Bill

3 comments:

Laura said...

Im a stud finding woman is not a problem for me.

Gotta love that confidence :)

Seej said...

Yay! I'm so glad you have a blog... I'll tell you the same thing I told See'j... You two have a very unique experience, fighting in a war overseas. It's not something everyone will experience, so I think you should share your thoughts and experiences with the world. I'm so glad you have a blog!

We love you!

Holly.

charmed1 said...

It is good to hear what goes on overseas especially b/c KC will be there next year. We miss you and love you!
~ Steph with a ph