Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Patrol Day/Rough Day In The Dice Game

So today was a patrol day for my squad. Well I did not have to go on the first patrol that the squad had. The patrol was sechduled in the morning, well since I did not have to go I decided to go back to sleep. You take sleep when you can becasue you never know when some bull shit might pop off, keeping you out in sector for hours on end. So before the next patrol I went to the gym to workout chest and triceps. When me and my partner bench press we do reps with 225 pounds, and do all these other exerices. I can say im pretty sore right now. Well the next patrol was at night time, it was dismount patrol. (we walk) I like walking but my legs are still sore from the gym. Also its dark out, there isnt street lights here,and the only paved roads are the main ones. So much trash, pot hole , rock, other bull shit to trip over. Another thing, most Iraqi towns do not have a sewage system, so it drains out into the streets,so while your scanning the roof tops, our looking down an alley way you have to watch were you step. One person did bust his ass today, I wanted to bust out laughin and crack a joke, but I diddent but ill be sure to get him tomorrow. So on the way back I got this feeling like nobody is behind me, so I turn around to see the other guys. Their they are 100 meters behind me, so I turn around to see whats up. Well are medic has some heart condition (dont know why they let him in with it) and he was having chest pains and the power went out in the city so it was pitch black and he did not have night vision so he could not see. So we gave him a light to see, and then some fucker trips over a IED crater and twists his ankle. What the fuck is this the broke dick crew I said to them. But I yelled up to the rest of the squad and told them wait up. We made it back ok, good patrol nothing happend.
So you ever watch the rap videos and you see them on the street shooting dice. Well we do that hear, so we decided to shoot before the patrol. Well I been on a freakin losin streak for like 2 weeks now, and I cant get out of it. I think I lost a total of $400 in the last 2 weeks. One day I was up $280 and we shot later on that day and I lost it all. I even listened to 50 Cent WHY YOU LOOKING while we are shooting on my Ipod. The song starts off "I get money". How can you go wrong with that. I just keep getting my head wraped. I think im going to lay low right now not shoot for about a week let me get out of this losing phase.

My New Years Resolutions
1.Not settle down with one woman
2.To see certain people
3.Not to see certain people
4.Travel Florida
5.Go on a Cruise to the bahamas
6.Decide what im going to do when I get out of the Army
7.Twork it out with as many ladies as possible

3 comments:

Laura said...

When do you get out of the army?

Cliff said...

Well I get back from Iraq sometime in the next 3 months(if u care)and the army march 28 2009. I really look foward to that day.

Harley said...

Bet you're looking forward to that - hot showers! Mmm!

Your medic has a heart condition?? Isn't that a little risky? Tell me you have other medics over there!

And yay! NY resolutions! Good call!