Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Snow day #2


So It snowed onces again here, but we had heat this time. So I get off my guard shift, and I go and lay down on my bed and started jammin out to Usher, then about 20 minutes later someone comes in all covered in snow. "What the FUCK" were the first words out my mouth. So I go outside there is about 3 inches of snow all over the ground. "God damn" were the words that I kept repeating to myself, so everyone startes taking pictures again, like its the first freakin time it snowed here. So what happens when there is snow on the ground, freakin snowball fight, So me and my cuz called a truce, it was pretty dark so we ran around the humvee and pegged the first person we saw. Well it was the Platoon Sergent, "oh fuck" but he was like "ill get you back Bourne". So it was game on the snow was coming down hard we turned on the big lights and had the biggest snowball fight. All you saw were the thick snow flakes and snowballs flying in the air. One person in my squad has video footage of some of the snowball fight, ill see about getting it up tomorrow. But it was crazy, a war zone. So naturally there is 2 sides , we throwing snowballs across this open field at either. Well someone decides to run across the middle. I said to myself, "Im going to get him" So I was about 50 meters away, I zoomed him in, winged my snowball, then BAM right in his face. I did not mean to hit him in the face, So I run over and his nose is bleeding pretty bad. LOL, it was pretty funny, we have it on camera. So after about an hour of heavy running, everyone is pretty much worn out. My arm is thrown out, my elbow is throbing like a mother.
So the next day snow starts melting mud all over the place just nasty. The gym is pretty much covered in snow, I was looking fowarding to going to. But we have these big tents that we got from another base, So we lay it out, and nobody knows how to put it up, WOW. We all know how to react to contact, we can land nav in the middle of the desert, but we dont know how to put up this tent, I done it onces but man that was a minute ago. But we figured something out, and its over the gym right now, so we can work it when it rains or snows now, that is good. So after we finished than another damn snowball fight, this time it was 2 hours. My elbow was hurting so bad I had to take some meds, I can throw out my arm so easy, my elbow been fucked up since freshman year of highschool. I messed it up playing football. Sometimes it hurts out of the blue, other days its good.
So at night time a bunch of us sit around the fire talk about home. So they say "Bourne you find a rebound girl yet?" Now I been thinking about that for a while. I dont want to be a shady guy that uses a girl just for a rebound. I told them "I dont need rebound girl, becasue this kid is not down and out anymore." Im starting to realize that there is so much better out there for me, I blamed myself for the longest. She blamed me for her cheating on me, Some how I believed her. But I dont need a weak woman in my life, and one who brings drama and negativity in to it. When I do start talking to someone, if anything its a step up from what I had before, thats why its not a rebound. I can honestly say I dont love her anymore, im not lying to myself to make myself feel better, thats the mother freaking truth. But I tell you one thing, Ill settle down one day, when I meet that woman who I see for the first time and knocks me head over heals, just by me looking at her. Its happend to me onces a long time ago,and I havent talked to her since highschool.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Well that sounds like a good place to be. :)