Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Whats Missing??

So I been at another base without phone are internet. But we been replaced by the Marines now, not to impressed. But everyone is in a good mood, I mean why not. Handed over are battle space, no more patorls, ops, force pro. We packed are bags and are gear and moved out of the city to another base. We have less then a month in this cursed land, so why am I not excited about going home? I should be happy but im not. No im not going to miss this place, yes some of the funniest moments of my life were over here, along with the hardest. But WHY am I not excited about going home as everyone else is. I mean man I just spent the last 14 months away from home and im not excited about going home is everyone else.

When you spend alot of time with someone you can tell if something is wrong with them. Everyone been asking me "Bourne whats wrong?" I tell them nothing is wrong. They think it has to do with my wife. How she is not going to be there when I land, I think this could be it. Im not going to lie, but Im scared like im going to feel like a part of me is missing when I land in the states. But I keep telling myself, that part of you is no more. But im going to have my momma there when I land, and I know she is going to be glad to have her baby home. She wont have to worry no more about her son. I have a damn time limit now on the computer. I hate big bases. But I wish I could write more, but I most go.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You probably had a routine and now you are not doing, your current emotion is the way you are coping with the change. Relax and enjoy it, you have had a successful deployment, recap what you just went through, how you've changed for the better, the experiences that you've had that some people will never be able to understand. Be proud.

Harley said...

Cliffie, try to focus on the positive ie you won't be risking your life anymore! yay! And you'll see your mom again!

No part of you is missing.

x

Amber said...

Hey, I was friends with your wife back in the day...but when I found out what she did to you I was both disgusted and disappointed. There are bigger and better things out there for you - it may take some time but you will find them.

You seem like a great guy and I am sure that, if she hasn't already, she is going to realize one day that you are the one who got away!

Best of luck and safe trip home.

Lainey said...

Cliff,
it will definitely be different for you when you return, which is why you are probably getting nervous and unsure about returning. but you'll be able to start a new life. and you'll be able to be with your family and friends and not missing out on things anymore! and most importantly, you'll be safe.

Laura said...

Well it's great that you're getting home soon!

It's all going to be different and that's more than likely why you're feeling nervous. But remember, different doesn't have to be bad.

Once you see all your family waiting on you to meet you, you're gonna feel great.