Friday, March 21, 2008

Alpha Company

So my battalion been having these competitions these past 2 days. Well 2 days ago we played a football game of course me being a shut down corner that I am was playing. We beat the other Infantry Company in are battalion, them boys were mad, all the shit talking of course me I love running my mouth. I have this saying "70 percent of the earth is covered by water, the rest is covered by me." That's just me when I play im cocky, I talk shit. Let that other person know hey im guarding you so don't expect the ball to be thrown much at you today. Yea we won, my company is 2-0 and I did give up a touchdown, but I let him have it we were up by 1 3 with 5 seconds left. So it didn't matter to me. People in the company been callin me shut down corner.



Today they decided to have a 10 man 10 mile relay race, with all the company's in the battalion going against either. Well somehow the company commander picks 6 guys just from are platoon to run in this damn race, and Iam one of them. I did not want to run this full out mile. But I guess im one of the 10 best runners in the company. Yea I been working out but cardio takes time to build up and I just started to run a week and half ago. Last time I ran competitively was highschool track. So I made sure to drink plenty of fluids the night before the race. So all the runner are at there spots and I'm pacen back and fourth, running and jumping around trying to get psyched for the mile. Someone yells there coming. Its just one guy from another company, so im waiting and waiting. "God damn were is everyone else?" there comes my cuz sucking, I yell "hurry ur ass up I have ground to make up." By this time this guy has a 14 second lead on me. I get tagged I start to sprint, its only a mile its all heart. Im running and im already hurting. So im thinking to myself "think of something happy" so im thinking and thinking "what the fuck makes me happy I say to myself in my head." So I think of a certain girl, she reads my blog regulary, I had "Alright alright" I say to myself as I pick up my pace. :Well what do you want to do to this girl?". I imagine myself taking her out on the date, some fancy restaurant and we feed either icecream at the end. We go for a walk on the riverfront board walk I picture in my head, while we hold hands. We end up kissing, I remember saying to myself after I imagined the kiss, "There is alot more were that come from." Gay I know but im trying to keep my mind off the pain in my legs, butt, and lungs. I just imagine myself getting it in with this certain girl. Bam I see the guy that was ahead of me, def gained ground on him he was about 75 meters ahead of me but I closed the gab big time. My mile time is not what It use to be, I ran 5:50 mile, I think that is good for not running the past 8 months. We ended up winning the race by a whole minute. By the way im almost home!!!!

5 comments:

Laura said...

I've really let my fitness slip these past couple of years. I think I would actually die if I had to run a whole mile....about 800m is my limit. Though I always was more of a sprinter than an endurance runner.

Woo for nearly home!

You getting excited yet?

Harley said...

Aww that's sweet! You're a big romantic at heart you know that?

I can't run for shit. I swear to god running to the end of my road makes me want to puke up my lungs!

You're almost home you're almost home you're almost home!!

Cliff said...

oestrebunny-Thats one thing im going to try to focus on is not letting my fitness slip at all.

Kali-I like to think im a romantic guy. But I never really tried to be romantic before, but im fitted to try on the next lucky lady.

travistee said...

So who's the girlio?

Cliff said...

Travistee I would like to say her name, but she reads this blog.