Monday, February 4, 2008

Someone there for me?

You ever just want someone to talk to about your problems. For 8 months of this deployment I had someone I could call. Talk to them about my problems, look to them for advice, tell them about my day. But that person being my x wife abandon me over 5 months ago. Now I feel like I have nobody to call, I feel like nobody cares what im going through. Yea I call my momma up to let her know im doing good, and remind her that im bullet and IED proof, im jk. But I guess Im just so use to having someone to talk, someone there for me, someone who loved me now its gone. somedays I would just like to call someone tell them all about my problems get it off my chest, vent. But just like that its gone. Im finding this hard to explaine, but im sure you have to know were im coming from.
But in other news we should be leaving the city we are in charge of around the 27 of FEB, which is good I guess. But from there we will move to another base and sit there for around 3 weeks doing nothing. But I would much rather be working, it makes the time go by quicker. Also there is talks about me going to the board to get promoted in the month of March. I was a team leader for most of the deployment, but politics sent down someone higher ranking then me and he replaced me. But Im a much better team leader then he is. But me going to the board if I pass I will be promoted to Sergent. With less then 2 1/2 years in the army, to be promoted that fast is really good. But what can I say im the man, wait im a stud. Not cocky just confident.
So today we had a dismount patrol, the kids asking for football, chocolate, pencil. They just keep asking and asking. The kids that dont ask I usually give them stuff. So im walking down I see this little girl, it breaks my heart the life she goes through, she is standing there and bunch of mother fuckers with guns are walking down her street, not to mention she falls asleeps to gun fire and the sounds of explosions. She will prolly be married at the ago of 15 years old and her life is over. She will be a slave, they have a saying over here for the Iraqi men "woman are for babies, men are for pleasure." I know right. But when I walked by the little girl I gave her my only pen that I had on me. The smile that she had put a smile on my face, as I continued on down the street I turned around and I see her showing the pen to her father. Now she can do her school work. Pens and Pencils are hard to come by over here. This country is a long way off, but it is alot better then what it was when I first got here.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Well you always have your blog to vent on?

But I know, it's not the same as having someone you can actually talk to. Don't you any friends back home you could turn to? A sibling?

Seej said...

Yes oestrebunny, he most certainly has both a sibling and a sibling-in-law he could talk to any time he wants! :-D

But I know what you're saying, Cliff... Talking to us, your mom, etc, it's not the same as talking someone you're in a relationship with. It's totally different, I know, but you're free to call anytime. I'm sure you know that, though.

At least the Pats lost, how cool is that???

We love you!

Holly.

Kali said...

I'm with Bunny on this - you have us! I know we're no ideal but at least we care!

x